Monitoring Pemberian Obat Cacing pada Sapi Potong di Desa Selebung Kecamatan Janapria Lombok Tengah
Helminthiasis is still a problem in the beef cattle business in Slebung Village, Janapria District, Central Lombok Regency. The purpose of this service activity is to provide farmers with knowledge about helminthiasis, the procedure for administering worm medicine, and monitoring the effectiveness of deworming in beef cattle. This service is carried out with counseling preceded by surveys and interviews with the village head and practice in the cages of breeders who become pilot models. The worm medicine given is Albendazole which will be monitored for 14 days by maintaining the Covid-19 Health protocol. Monitoring the effectiveness of deworming was assessed based on the number of worm eggs per gram of feces or Eggs Per Gram (EPG) of Feces and the value of the Fecal Egg Count Reduction Test (FECRT) which was examined by the Mc Master method. The results of the examination showed that the value of Eggs Per Gram (EPG) of Feces before (pre) and after (post) administration of worm medicine to beef cattle with helminthiasis decreased from 110.00 ± 62.34 to 16.66 ± 8 with a percentage value of FECRT is 85%.
Coles G.C., Jackson, F., Pomroy, W.E., Prichard, R.K., von Samson-Himmelstjerna, G., Silvestre, A., Taylor, M.A., Vercruysse, J. (2006). The detection of anthelmintic resistance in nematodes of veterinary importance. Veterinary Parasitology. 167-185.
European medicine agency (2017) Reflection paper on anthelmintic resistance. Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP).
Kholik, Putri, R.R., Ningrum, A.L.Y., Septiyani, E., Situmorang, F.J.I.C., Mashur, Atma, C.D (2019) Fecal egg count reduction test (FECRT) for measurement of gastrointestinal helminth resistance to anthelmintic of Bali cattle in North Lombok. AIP Conference Proceedings, 2199 (1): 050006 https://aip.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1063/1.5141304
Mastra I. K, Saraswati N. K.H, Sutawijaya I.M.G dan Yunanto (2014) Surveilans dan Monitoring Parasit Gastro Intestinal Pada Sapi Bali di Propinsi Bali, Nusa Tenggara Barat dan Nusa Tenggara Timur. Buletin Veteriner, 26 (85): 1-12.
Singh, R., Bal, M. S., Singla L. D., and Kaur, P (2017) Detection of anthelmintic resistance in sheep and goat against fenbendazole by fecal egg count reduction test. J Parasite Dis. 41(2): 463-466.
Subronto dan Tjahajati I (2001) Ilmu penyakit ternak II. Yogyakarta (ID): Gadjah Mada University Press.
Whitlock. (1980) Universal Egg Counting Technique, Veterinary Parasitology, 7: 215
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors published in this journal agree to the following terms:
1. The copyright of each article is retained by the author (s).
2. The author grants the journal the first publication rights with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, allowing others to share the work with an acknowledgment of authorship and the initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors may enter into separate additional contractual agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of published journal versions of the work (for example, posting them to institutional repositories or publishing them in a book), with acknowledgment of their initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (For example in the Institutional Repository or on their website) before and during the submission process, as this can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and larger citations of published work.
5. Articles and all related material published are distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
All writing in this journal is the sole responsibility of the author. Bakti Sekawan provides open access to anyone so that the information and findings in these articles are useful for everyone. Bakti Sekawan can be accessed and downloaded for free, free of charge, following the creative commons license.
Bakti Sekawan : Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License